Hume Lake - Day One: Touring Hume

Today, Nathan showed me around Hume Lake Christian Camp. It's very beautiful up here. It's the most quiet and secluded place I've ever been to. I feel very out of the way of everything. I think I'm experiencing a little culture shock and a slight form of "jet lag" (from all the windy hills last night). Not 24 hours ago, I was in the bustling city of Burbank with my friends, and now I'm here, about 1.5 hours outside Fresno. I have no cell reception, the Internet connection is basically non-existent. I'm jostled by this situation, but it's also calm here. So I'm feeling out of place -- but I also can't help feel peaceful in this location. I'm worried about a few things: that I have limited contact with my friends and family, that I left Sidney's house so quickly that I left a mess before leaving (sorry, Sidney!!), that I won't be able to stay focused on my job here, that I'll lose energy, and that I'll go crazy being isolated away from things for so long. Anyway, I am looking forward to the next few weeks -- working with the Hume Lake Creative Team, the junior high and high school campers, and eating lots of good food, getting some good sun, maybe some hikes and boating, and of course some swimming (if the weather allows).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek - J.J. Abrams

A Clockwork Orange - Stanley Kubrick

Hume Lake - Day 22: Snow!