Reflections - July 18 2009 - When I'm 30...

I'm attempting to read through the whole Bible from Genesis to Revelation. I've been reading Genesis, and right now, I'm at the part where Joseph is made head of Egypt after interpreting Pharaoh's two dreams.

"Joseph was thirty years old when he entered the service of Pharaoh king of Egypt" (Gen. 41:46).

Obviously, he had been in Egypt long before that, and he was helping Potiphar, captain of the guard, in his household. So he had been making an impression on the Egyptians before being sent to jail after Potiphar's wife claimed Joseph was trying to molest her.

The point I want to make is that something great happened for Joseph by the age of 30. That gives me some hope about my future. I've got 6 years till I'm 30.

Joseph interpreted Pharaoh's dream to mean that 7 years of abundance were coming followed by 7 years of famine. So that means, Joseph was in his 40's by the time his brothers came around asking for food.

My reflection is this. I'm in my 20's now. This is the time I lay plans, plant seeds, get information, get things in place, learn everything I can. 6 years from now, I'll be 30. Between 30 and 40 is when my best work will come around. I think that's when I'll be doing the most reputable work of my career.

Right now, it feels like I'm in prison -- despair, financially deprived. Maybe there will be 6 years of famine now, and then 6 years of great abundance when I'm 30?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek - J.J. Abrams

A Clockwork Orange - Stanley Kubrick

Hume Lake - Day 22: Snow!