State of Play - Kevin McDonald

I didn't realize this was based on a hit TV series... I really liked this film. I loved the writing, and I can't wait to sit down and read the script. Thank you, Paul Abbott (tv series), Matthew Michael Carnahan, Tony Gilroy, and Billy Ray. Had a very good opening scene. And I really loved how Cal McAffrey (Russell Crowe) was introduced with his crazy Irish rock music! I was intrigued by the film's ability to have so many things happen and not lose focus through the process. The End Credits alone is enough for me to like this movie. Anyone using Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Long As I Can See the Light" deserves a round of applause. Some very good acting by the entire cast. (Props to Jason Bateman for stepping out of the "comedy-only" box.) Definitely a good journalistic-political-suspense-thriller. Overall, I give it a Netflix 3 out of 5, and a 7 on a 10 scale. State of Play on IMDb.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Clockwork Orange - Stanley Kubrick

Hume Lake - Day 22: Snow!

Star Trek - J.J. Abrams