Some news and reviews...

Here's the news:
The last few days have been very busy. I filmed my friends' wedding on Saturday, my dad had a birthday party on Sunday, and now I'm gonna be making a film with my cousins, Espie and Brenden!

Here's some reviews:

Transformers - Michael Bay

I really, really enjoyed this movie. Gave me energy. Was very fun! Inspired me to make action movies!

3 out 5 Netflix, 7 on 10-scale.

The Blue Max - John Guillermin

This was one of Fox's attempts to get people away from their TV sets and back into the movie theaters. It's always a joy to see a film that gets you right into the story by using lush cinematography. And Oh! Those wide shots!

The set up of the story was very good! But the end didn't pay off for me. It started like "Lawrence of Arabia" - an epic war story exploring a unique individual and his affect on history. But it turned into an odd romance tale that wasn't very satisfying to me.

Guillermin directed "The Towering Inferno" (1974) as well as "King Kong" the 1976 version.

Stars George Peppard, James Mason, Ursula Andress, and an awesome score by one of my favorite composers Jerry Goldsmith!

3 out 5 Netflix, 7 on 10-scale.

Law & Order: Special Victims Unit - Dick Clark


I blame my cousin Miranda for getting me interested in this show. Despite the obvious theme of exploring sexual assaults, I find this show enjoyable to watch in the late evenings...

Dr. Who

I blame Kevin, Janelle, and Alexa for getting me into this show! I'M A HUGE FAN OF DR. WHO! I didn't think I'd enjoy any show post The X-Files or Twin Peaks, but Dr. Who is now in my list of favorite TV shows.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek - J.J. Abrams

A Clockwork Orange - Stanley Kubrick

Hume Lake - Day 22: Snow!